Reid Temple Financial Assistance Information
All forms can be picked up in Room 1071 and placed in the black box or downloaded and emailed to QJWMSHELP@reidtemple.org. Forms must be completed and returned with supporting documentation. See details below.
Forms to be completed:
RTAMEC – Financial Assessment Needs Form(click here to download)
RTAMEC - Missionary Financial Counseling Agreement (click here to download)
Other guidelines include:
- Financial assistance and food cards for Reid Temple members only with a minimum membership of 90 days. (A sliding scale will be used for repeat applicants.)
- Food Card Assistance is only available every 120 days. (A sliding scale will be used for repeat applicants.)
- Financial Assistance is only available once in a twelve-month period.
When requesting mortgage and rental assistance please provide the writ of eviction, mortgage statement, and the letter from landlord on official stationary. To receive mortgage/rental assistance, you must 30 days delinquent. For utility assistance, please provide the cut-off notice.
Instructions for Applicants
Members requesting financial assistance must complete a needs assessment form. Our goal is to assist you in a timely manner. All of the information on the Needs Assessment Form must be provided to facilitate a proper assessment of your financial situation/need. You will be contacted by phone regarding approval or denial of your request.
Financial Assistance-Covered Needs:
· Utilities (gas, electric, water)
· Food Allowances (Food Card(s))
Items NOT covered:
· Current Month Rent/Mortgage
· Telephone Bills
· Car Notes
· Credit Card Bills
· Cable Bills
· Hotel Stays
· Car Insurance
· Move in expenses (including security deposits and first months rent)
Financial Counseling-Resource Referrals
REID TEMPLE MEMBERS- Resource referrals and financial counseling will be available for all applicants. Non-REID TEMPLE Members will receive resource referrals only (i.e. food banks, SNAP (food stamps), SHARE, emergency financial resources, etc.) but may attend financial counseling sessions. Click here for information on Emergency Financial resources available.